- Yoghurt – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Baking powder – 1 1/4 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
2. Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Oil – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1 pinch
3. All purpose flour / Maida – 1.5 cup
4. Milk – 3 tbsp
5. Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup (regular or dutch-processed)
Milk – 2 – 3 tbsp
- Preheat oven at 350 F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan, dust the inside with flour and tap out the excess (I lined it with parchment paper).
- In a large bowl, using a whisk, combine yoghurt with sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla extract, oil and salt to yoghurt mix. Whisk gently to combine.
Alternately add the flour(sieve it while adding) and milk (3 tbsp) in small portions, starting and ending with flour, and whisk only till combined.
- Combine cocoa powder with 3 tbsp milk to a smooth paste.
Transfer half of the batter to a medium bowl. Add cocoa powder paste and whisk gently till combined.
Alternately drop spoonful’s of the chocolate and plain batter into the prepared loaf pan. Using a knife, cut deep into the batter and make a few zig zag patterns (not more than 4 – 5 times). Bake for about 45 – 50 minutes or until a toothpick/knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Transfer the cake to a cooling rack. Let stand for 15 minutes. Run a blunt knife through the edges and unmold. Cool to room temperature and cut into slices. Enjoy!