Bihari Aloo (Potato) Bhujia
Ingredients (Serves 3)
- Potato – 3 medium, cut into thin pieces
2. Oil (mustard oil or vegetable oil) – 1.5 tbsp
3. Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dried red chilies – 2, broken (optional)
4. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
5. Onion – 1/3 cup, thinly sliced and halved
6. Cilantro, chopped – 2 tbsp
Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Rinse the potato pieces very well. Drain on a colander.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Splutter cumin seeds and fry dried red chilies. Add potato pieces and mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 – 6 minutes. Add salt, turmeric powder, onion and mix well (you may also add 1/4 tsp chilli powder, 2 slit green chilies and 2 cloves of garlic, crushed). Continue to cook over medium-high heat, stirring in between, until light golden. Switch off. Add chopped cilantro and lemon juice. Mix well. Serve with poori/rotis/rice, pickle and dal/yoghurt.