- Bread – 1 loaf (Sourdough , Ciabatta or any Italian or French bread)
2. Unsalted butter – 5 – 6 tbsp, softened
Garlic – 4 large cloves, minced or ground to a paste in a mortar and pestle
Fresh Italian parsley – 2 – 3 tbsp, minced
Crushed red chilly flakes – 3/4 tsp
Parmesan cheese, grated – 1/3 cup
Salt and pepper – To taste
- Preheat oven at 400 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
2. Cut the loaf in half, horizontally. Lay the bread cut side up.
3. In a small bowl, combine the softened butter with garlic paste, parsley, crushed chili flakes, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
4. Spread it on the cut side of the bread loaves. Broil at 400 F for 3 – 5 minutes until golden (or bake at 400 F for 7 – 8 mts). Keep an eye on the loaf as it broils! It can toast very quickly especially if the broiler is preheated. Slice and serve immediately!