Eggless Thumbrint Cookies
Ingredients (Makes around 15 cookies)
Recipe courtesy – Slightly adapted from Aromatic Essence
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
Corn starch – 1 tbsp
Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
2. Unsalted Butter – 1/2 cup (1 stick), softened
Confectioners sugar or powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
3. Jam – 1/3 cup or as required (Microwave / heat jam for 10 – 15 seconds before using (to loosen it up))
- Sift flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt. Whisk and keep aside.
- Preheat oven at 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar for 2 minutes or until well combined using a hand held mixer. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients in two batches and combine on low speed. If the dough looks dry or crumbly, add 1 – 2 tsp milk and mix well.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Place them on baking sheet.
- Use your thumb to press an indentation into each ball of cookie dough. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon jam into the indentation.
- Bake at 350°F for 14 – 15 minutes or until the cookies are set and the bottom parts are golden. Remove from the oven. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.