- Cauliflower florets – 2 cups
- Potatoes – 2 small, cubed
- Onion – 1/2 medium, roughly chopped
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Green chilies – 3 – 4, roughly chopped
- Fresh Ginger Garlic crushed – 1 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Hing / asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Dried methi leaves (kasoori methi) – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves / cilantro, chopped – To garnish
1. Coarsely grind the onion, green chillies and tomato in a mixie (Use this mixture immediately after grinding otherwise onion will taste bitter).
2. Heat 2 – 3 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter the cumin seeds. Lower the heat and add hing and crushed ginger-garlic. Saute for 30 seconds.
3. Add the ground mix mentioned in step 1, salt and saute really well.
4. Meanwhile microwave the cauliflower and potatoes separately with salt and pepper powder for few minutes until half done(optional, this is done in order to save time).
5. Once the oil start separating from the paste (takes about 10 – 15 minutes), add the coriander powder, chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, pepper powder and kasoori methi. Mix well and add the lime juice.
6. Then add potatoes and cauliflower florets, mix well and sprinkle some water. Cover it with a lid and cook at medium – low heat. Stir in between. It will be ready within 15 – 20 mts. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with chapathi, poori or nan.
- To make it extra-tasty – Deep fry the cauliflower and potatoes with little salt and pepper and directly add to the gravy.
Recipe by Lakshmi Abhilash
Tasty recipe for chappathi.
I added MDH kitchen king masala since there was no garam masala in my kitchen.It was a good dish.
Thanks a lot. Keep on visiting…..
will try it out today and let you know..
Its yummy dish
i hv tried few of ur receipes. so far all ws good but this receipe just wsn’t good at all. I follwed the same instruction given as per ur receipe. adding hink ws really weired but still i gave it a try yet it ws bad. sorry to add this comment.
This was delicious. I omitted the lime juice and used amchur powder instead. So good! This recipe is a keeper.