This is a great snack for the kids and adults alike. Whenever the pizza craving hits you and you are in no mood to buy take out you can make this in a jiffy. You just need a couple of bread slices, ketchup, cheese and a few veggies.
- Bread Slices - 5
- Tomato ketchup - 2-3 tbsp
- Chicken breast – 1 diced
- Mushroom – 1/2 cup
- Onion, bell pepper (red and green), pineapple tidbits – 1/2 cup
- Pepper powder – 1/2 – 1 tsp
- Garlic salt/salt – To taste
- Shredded cheese – 1 cup or as required
1. Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Add the chicken pieces. Season with garlic salt and pepper powder and saute until they turn white and 3/4th cooked.
2. Now add mushroom slices and saute well for a couple of minutes. When the chicken pieces and mushroom are cooked, add the onion and bell peppers. Saute for a minute or two. Switch off.
3. Smear the bread slices with a thin layer of tomato ketchup. Now spread the chicken -vegetable mixture on top of the bread. I added some canned pineapple tidbits too.
4. Top with 2 – 3 tbsp grated cheese. Bake it at 375 F for around 10 mts or until the cheese melts and the bread turn slightly crispy (You can slice the bread if you wish.)
1) Add more toppings on the bread and fat free cheese to make it more healthy. Instead of ketchup you can use any pizza sauce.
2) Vegetable bread pizza can also be made in the same way. You can try veggies of your choice. I made it with onion, bell peppers and mushroom. I usually add more toppings on the bread and less cheese to make it more healthy.
Nice and easy recipe yummy team 🙂
I tried it with wheat bread and pasta sauce instead of ketchup.It came out well.
Loved the taste of Pineapple tidbits.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thanks for this lovely comment. We too loved the taste of pineapple tidbits. Chicken, mushroom, pineapple, bellpeppers and olives are our fav pizza toppings…
Hey really its very easy and nice recipe too…i liked the way u presented…nice one ppl…
Thank u yummy-yummy team.Me n my hubby enjoyed this recipe.:)my hubby buy me pizza very rearly,coz he thinks thy add unhealthy taste-makers in it.but whn i made tis at home,he said he ll never buy me pizza anymore:( as tis ws more tasty. thank u…
Thanks a bunch for trying out this recipe and for your feedback..Really happy to know that you both enjoyed it 🙂
did you use the ordinary bread or any thick variety ? looks a little big and thick. please let me know. TIA 🙂
I used ordinary bread slices..you can use white, whole wheat, whole grain or any bread of you choice