This is a great snack for the kids and adults alike. Whenever the pizza craving hits you and you are in no mood to buy take out you can make this in a jiffy. You just need a couple of bread slices, ketchup, cheese and a few veggies.
- Bread Slices - 5
- Tomato ketchup - 2-3 tbsp
- Chicken breast – 1 diced
- Mushroom – 1/2 cup
- Onion, bell pepper (red and green), pineapple tidbits – 1/2 cup
- Pepper powder – 1/2 – 1 tsp
- Garlic salt/salt – To taste
- Shredded cheese – 1 cup or as required
1. Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Add the chicken pieces. Season with garlic salt and pepper powder and saute until they turn white and 3/4th cooked.
2. Now add mushroom slices and saute well for a couple of minutes. When the chicken pieces and mushroom are cooked, add the onion and bell peppers. Saute for a minute or two. Switch off.
3. Smear the bread slices with a thin layer of tomato ketchup. Now spread the chicken -vegetable mixture on top of the bread. I added some canned pineapple tidbits too.
4. Top with 2 – 3 tbsp grated cheese. Bake it at 375 F for around 10 mts or until the cheese melts and the bread turn slightly crispy (You can slice the bread if you wish.)
1) Add more toppings on the bread and fat free cheese to make it more healthy. Instead of ketchup you can use any pizza sauce.
2) Vegetable bread pizza can also be made in the same way. You can try veggies of your choice. I made it with onion, bell peppers and mushroom. I usually add more toppings on the bread and less cheese to make it more healthy.