Here’s a recipe for an easy and delicious mango dessert.
Preparation Time – 10 mts, Refrigeration 7 – 8 hrs
This recipe is for two pies. If you want to make just one, cut down the ingredients to half.
1. Unflavored Gelatin (Jell-O) – 10 oz (there will be 4 small packets inside. Use 2 for one pie)
2. Heavy Cream – ½ Pint
3. Philadelphia Cream Cheese – 1 Packet (8 oz)
4. Mango Pulp – 1 can (available in Indian store. If the pulp is less sweetened, you may have to add sugar. So check before you start.)
5. Sugar (if extra sugar needs to be added and/or if the mango pulp is unsweetened)– 1 cup
6. Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
7. Cardamom Powder – 4-5 pinches
8. Water – 1/2 cup
9. Graham Pie Crust – 2
1. Heat heavy cream in a pan(max 4 mts in low heat).
2. Dissolve gelatin in warm water completely and add to the heavy cream.
3. In a blender mix together the above mixture with mango pulp, cream cheese, vanilla essence and cardamom powder and blend it smoothly.
4. Pour this to the graham piecrust.
5. Refrigerate overnight or at least 7 hours.
Recipe contributed by Lekshmy Varma