I was always reluctant to try cookies or any other desserts since me and my hubby both are not big fans of sweets. I used to bake only chicken and fish before but nowadays I am trying cakes and other stuffs too, partly for the blog and partly for experimenting. I am really enjoying baking these days. I had no idea that baking could be this fun. Few days back I was chatting with my friend Ramya and she told me all about her fancy cookie baking stories that tempted me to give it a try. I couldn’t believe that it was this easy to make cookies. The cookies turned out to be delicious, crunchy on the outside and chewy inside. I tried this chocolate chip cookie recipe from here with a few changes. We finished the whole thing in minutes taste-checking them after saving some for our friends!
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Ingredients (Yield – Around 20 cookies)
- All purpose flour – 1 1/8 cup (1/8 cup equals 2 tbsp)
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar – 1/4 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup/1 stick (Leave it outside for 1-2 hrs so that they will soften up)
- Egg – 1 large
- Semi-sweet chocolate Chips – 1 cup (I used semi sweet dark chocolate chips)
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
- Nuts – 1/4 cup (optional, I used 2 tbsp chopped nuts)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
1. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In another bowl blend the sugar, brown sugar and butter with a hand mixer, until creamy.
2. Then add the egg and bean until combined.
3. Gradually add in the flour little by little and mix well.
4. Now add the chocolate chips, nuts and stir well with a spatula.
5. Preheat oven to 375 F. Put a spoonful of the batter on the cookie sheet (no need to grease it, you can line the baking sheet with parchment paper if you prefer) keeping them about 2 inch apart. Place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 9 – 11 mts or until the cookies are light brown on the edges. They will look soft at the center but they will turn crunchy when they are cooled completely. Take it out and cool for 2-3 mts on the cookie sheet. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!! Store the left-overs in an air-tight container.