1. Idli rice – 1/2 cup (Soak it in water for around 15 mts and grind to a smooth batter along with dry red chillies.)
2. Dry red chillies – 6-7
3. Besan/ Chickpea flour/ Kadala mavu – 3 tsp
4. Black sesame seeds – 1 tsp
5. Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
6. Salt – A pinch or to taste
7. Water – To make a thick batter
8. Pappad – 15- 20
9. Oil – For deep-frying
1. Grind the idli rice and the dry red chillies to a smooth batter adding enough water. Add the cumin seeds, black sesame seeds, salt and kadalamavu. Mix well. Add more water if required.
2. Dip the pappads in this batter and deep fry in oil one at a time until golden brown turning them over, in between.