Ingredients (Makes 13 – 15)
- All purpose flour – 1 3/4 cups
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Rolled oats – 3/4 cup
- Eggs – 3, beaten
- Superfine sugar – 3/4 cup
- Salt – A pinch
- Corn or sun flower oil – 1 cup (I used 3/4 cup canola oil)
- Ripe banana – 2 medium, chopped
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F. Line a muffin pan with paper bake cases or butter each hole and dust with flour.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and add the oats.
3. Beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and salt in another bowl until pale and fluffy. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until well mixed. Fold in the chopped bananas.
4. Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan holes, about 1.5 tbsp per muffin. Sprinkle some oats on top. Bake for about 22 – 25 minutes until risen and golden. Allow to cool slightly in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or wrap individually and freeze for up to 1 month.
Recipe Courtesy – kids’ healthy lunch box by Cara Hobday