Hellooo..you all must be wondering what this girl is up to with her blog. Upgrade time guys ! I have been badly wanting a new fresh look for quite some time now. So now the tech guys in the family (most work was done by my brother) decided to do the honors and thanks to them for…" the new look" ! Did you like it? Still more changes in the category and font section are to be done. Do bear with me for any inconvenience caused. Everything will be prim and proper in a few days, I hope! My little one is actively involved in keeping me very busy nowadays that i don’t even get time to reply to many of your comments and mails. I promise to get back to you as time permits ( or should I say when Aarav permits!) And any suggestions or observations regarding the blog are most welcome!
My recent fascination or addiction is for Mexican food. I have tried a few Mexican recipes in the past like fajitas, quesadilla, seven layer dip, fish tacos and we absolutely loved them! The best thing about these recipes are that it can be prepared in a jiffy and tastes awesome. So folks, get ready for a new flavour to tickle your tastebuds..the amazing baked flautas!
In a flauta, tortilla is filled with a chicken/beef or some kind of filling, rolled and then deep-fried. Though traditionally they are deep-fried, this baked version is as tasty as the fried one. That makes it easy, healthy and tasty. Do try it out!
Ingredients (For 8 – 10 flautas)
1. Boneless chicken – Around 300 gm, cut into pieces ( I used 1.5 chicken breast. You can use store-bought rotisserie chicken instead)
Coarsely ground pepper – 1/2 tsp
Salt – To taste
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Marinate the chicken pieces with other ingredients. Set aside for 1/2 hr. Heat 1 – 2 tsp oil in a non-stick pan. Add chicken pieces and cook until done, around 10 mts turning them in between. When cooled, shred and keep aside. This makes about 1.5 – 2 cups of shredded chicken.
2. Green and red bell pepper – 2 tbsp each, thinly sliced
Onion – 2 tbsp, chopped
Tomato – 2 tbsp, seeds and pulp removed and chopped
Cilantro – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Shredded cheese – 1/2 cup
Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
Salt – To taste
3. Flour tortilla – 10
4. Sour cream and guacamole – For serving
1. Preheat oven at 450 F.
2. Mix the shredded chicken with all the ingredients numbered 2.
3. Warm the tortillas to make them pliable. Place 2 – 3 tbsp chicken filling on one end of the tortilla and roll tightly. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Lightly brush the flautas with oil or spray with cooking spray. Bake until crisp and cheese melts, about 11 – 13 minutes. Serve with guacamole/salsa and sour cream.