Ingredients (Serves 7)
Courtesy – Slightly adapted from Manju Mahadevan’s Mirch Masala
1. Whole milk – 2 cups
2. Espresso powder – 2 tsp (I used 2 tsp Instant bru coffee powder )
3. Confectioners’ sugar – 5 tbsp
4. Semi-sweet chocolate chips – 1 cup
5. Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
6. Egg yolks – 6
1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Place the ramekins / cups in a roasting pan or a large baking pan.
2. In a sauce pan,combine milk and espresso powder over medium heat. Add the sugar and stir constantly till the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and add the semi-sweet chocolates. Using a whisk or spatula, mix well so that all the chocolate is melted and you get a smooth mixture. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
3. In a different bowl, whisk the egg yolks together until it is just about smooth. Add the milk-chocolate mixture to the eggs, little by little, whisking while adding it, very slowly, so that the eggs don’t scramble in the heat.
4. Pout this mixture into the ramekins, pour enough water in the roasting/baking pan to reach till about halfway up the ramekins on the outside. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 35 – 40 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean. Remove the ramekins from the pan, let it cool down a little. Cover with cling wrap and chill in the refrigerator. This pudding is super-yummy. Do try it out, friends!