Vegetable Masala Sandwich
1. Bread slices – 10
2. Butter / ghee / oil – 2 – 3 tsp
3. Onion – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
4. Carrots – 2 medium, shredded
Bell pepper – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
5. Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
6. Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp or green chilies – 2, minced
Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
7. Salt – To taste
8. Tomato ketchup – 2 tsp
Cilantro – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
9. Shredded cheese – 1/4 – 1/2 cup ( Adding cheese is optional. I used it in order to bind the veggies with the bread slices)
1. Heat butter / oil in a pan. Add onions and saute until translucent. Next add carrots and bell pepper. Saute for 2 – 3 minutes adding enough salt. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder and cumin powder. Mix well and saute for a minute. Add tomato ketchup, finely chopped cilantro and mix well. When cooled, combine it with shredded cheese.
2. Heat a tawa at medium heat. Apply butter / ghee on the bread slices (optional). Spread the veggie – cheese mixture on a bread slice. Top with another bread. Place on the tawa and press down using a spatula. When one side turns golden, flip to the other side and cook until cheese melts. Cut into halves and enjoy!