1. Whole button mushrooms – 10
2. Egg – 1, beaten with a pinch of pepper powder and salt
3. Bread crumbs – 1 cup
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Garlic powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
Italian seasoning – 1/2 tsp
Salt – To taste
4. oil – To deep-fry
1. Trim the stem of the mushrooms. Wipe with a moist paper towel and set aside.
2. Combine all the ingredients numbered 3 in a wide plate.
3. Beat the egg with a pinch of salt and pepper powder and place in a shallow bowl.
4. Dip button mushrooms in beaten egg and then roll in bread crumbs. Again dip in beaten egg and then roll in bread crumbs (this second coating is done to get a crispier crust). Deep-fry in oil until brown on both sides, about 6 – 8 minutes. Serve with ketchup or any dip.
The mushrooms fried this way will be crispier on the outside and juicy inside. If you don’t want them juicy – before coating, stir-fry them in a hot pan adding a tsp of oil and little salt, for 3 – 4 minutes, until some water oozes out from them. Then proceed with the remaining steps.
Looks so delicious and makes me hungry!.
Delicious and crispy looking whole mushrooms. Simply droolworthy.
Looks So Grate & Yummy