Ingredients (Serves 3)
1. Oil – 3/4 – 1 tsp
2. Dried red chilies – 2, broken
Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
2. Tomato – 2 small, chopped
Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
3. Salt – To taste
4. Tamarind – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp
5. Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dried red chilly – 1(optional)
Curry leaves – A few
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add urad dal and broken dried red chilies. Saute for a minute until urad dal turns golden and dried red chilies turn crisp. Transfer to a small bowl.
2. In the remaining oil, saute chopped tomatoes until mushy. Add grated coconut and salt, to taste. Cook for a minute. Switch off.
3. Grind dried red chilies and urad dal in the small jar of a mixie. Next add tomato-coconut mixture, tamarind and grind until you get the consistency of chutney.
4. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds and fry dried red chilly and curry leaves. Pour over the chutney. Enjoy with idli/dosa.
Good change from the usual idli chutney. It was very tasty
idli looks very nice in this pic.. can you please give the proportion for idli and dosa batter. would be very helpful..