Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
Ingredients (Makes 15 – 16 cupcakes)
1. Zucchini, shredded – 1 cup (I used 2 medium-small zucchini)
2. All purpose flour – 1 cup
Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
Semi-sweet chocolate chips – 1 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
Espresso powder – 1/2 tsp (I used Bru instant)
3. Granulated sugar – 1 cup
Eggs – 2
Vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
1) For Cupcakes – Adjust oven rack to middle position. Heat oven at 350 F. Line standard muffin/cupcake tin with paper or foil liners.
(You can also use a 8×4 or 9 x 5 inch loaf pan instead).
2) In a medium bowl stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder, chocolate chips and espresso powder. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs for about 2 minutes. Add the vegetable oil, vanilla extract and shredded zucchini and mix until combined.
4) Add in the dry ingredients and fold everything in together until combined. Divide batter evenly among cups of prepared tin (or in you prepared loaf pan). Bake for 20 – 22 minutes until done or a toothpick or skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. (If you are using a loaf pan, it will take 55 – 60 minutes). Cool cupcakes to room temperature, about 45 minutes. You can frost them if you wish but they can be served plain too. I used a simple chocolate glaze.
Recipe courtesy – Adapted from here