Ingredients (For 3 – 4 kulfi)
- Whole milk – 2 cups
2. Sugar – 3 – 4 tbsp or to taste
3. Heavy whipping cream / fresh cream – 1/2 cup
4. Almond paste – 1.5 – 2 tbsp (Soak almonds in water overnight and peel off the skin. Grind to a fine or coarse paste in the small jar of a blender. You can use 2 tbsp cashew powder instead(fine or coarse depending on your preference) instead)
5. Cardamom powder – 1 pinch
Saffron – A tiny pinch
Salt – A tiny pinch
Rose water – few drops
6. Dried fruits and nuts, finely chopped – 1 – 2 tbsp
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, add 2 cups of milk and bring to a boil. Bring down the heat to low. Simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until milk is reduced to half, stirring continuously. Add sugar and stir until it melts. Add heavy cream and almond paste/cashew powder. Cook for a few minutes over low heat. Taste-check and add more sugar, if you want. Finally add cardamom powder, saffron, salt and rose water. Mix well and switch off the flame.
2. Cool down completely. Pour into kulfi / popsicle moulds and freeze for 5 – 6 hrs until set.
3. When ready to eat, place the popsicle mould under hot running water for 5 – 10 seconds until the popsicle slides out or dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding. Enjoy!