Mango Pie

1. Superchef says:

Just a suggestion and I am sure you guys know this, the graham crust for the pie can easily be made at home with crushed graham crackers, sugar and butter. It tastes a LOT better than the store bought ones and its easy too 🙂 I havent made a pie like this, but Ive made a mango cheesecake with the same crust, mango pulp, cream cheese and ricotta. Love it!

Thanks for the suggestion Manju…We didnt know this..Will surely try it next time..

Great recipe- could you mention the quantity of the mango pulp you used, what si the measurement of 1 can fo the pulp you got from Indian store? Thanks a lot.

Anonymous,
    Sorry for the late reply..The mango pulp I used is around 850 gm..Thanks for stopping by..

5. Julie says:

Thanks a lot..!

6. Julie says:

btw, I was the one who was “anonymous”- 🙂 there were some issues, and could not add my name- it worked this time..:-)

Julie,
    Thanks for visiting our blog..I was wondering about the “anonymous”! Please keep visiting..

8. Mona says:

Bookmarked!
    Can you suggest me something instead of gelatin?
    Thanks.

Mona,
    I guess you could substitute it with agar agar..It is also known as china grass and is a vegetarian substitute for gelatin..Hope this helps..Good luck!

10. Mona says:

What quantity of china grass do you suggest I use instead?

Mona,
    I guess agar agar powder can be substituted for an equal qty of gelatin but I am not very sure..Sorry about that..

12. julie antony says:

Tried it , and sure it was a hit..! so yummy and so simple..!!! Looking forward to more of such simple desserts..:-) Thanks again..

Thanks a lot Julie 🙂 Will surely post more of such recipes..

14. Fresh Healthy Vending is the only vending franchise company that offers locations 100% juices, fresh vegetables and fruits, smoothies, and yogurts in every one of its healthy vending machines. potato chips and low fat popcorn like Pirate’s Booty.

15. Fresh Healthy Vending is the only vending franchise company that offers locations 100% juices, fresh vegetables and fruits, smoothies, and yogurts in every one of its healthy vending machines. potato chips and low fat popcorn like Pirate’s Booty.
    fresh healthy vending recipes
    fresh healthy vending

Lovely recipe. Just wondered if the mango pie needs to be kept in freezer (it didn’t set well for me when I kept it in the regular chilling compartment). If so, how long will it keep before it becomes over-frozen?

17. mira says:

hi maya…

please let me know instead of cream.shall i use fresh cream or whipping cream..awaiting for ur reply..
    mira

18. Sree lakshmi says:

Hi
    Thanks for the nice recipe.. I want to try this

19. Sree says:

Can u tell me how much heavy cream did you used?

20. Chinu says:

I bought the gelatine in your picture for this recipe. One packet has 4 envelopes, each of 0.25 oz. Is your measurement in recipe ingredients is a mistake ? ( 10 oz instead of 1 oz). Please do confirm.
    I am a big fan of your site. I have tried making almost all recipes in here.. And everything I made was always a huge hit. Thanks for inspiring newbies like us to cooking 🙂

• Maya Akhil says:

Yeah that was a mistake, chinu. Thanks a lot for letting me know, I will correct the recipe soon..Great to know that you enjoy the recipes posted here..Hope you enjoy this recipe too!