Ingredients (Serves 5 – 6)
- Rajma – 1.5 cup, dried
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Tomato – 2 medium, (Chop them roughly and grind in a mixer)
- Ginger – 1.5 inch, finely chopped
- Garlic – 4-5 cloves, finely chopped
- Green chilly – 1, slit
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Kasoori methi/dried fenugreek leaves – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Fresh cream / milk/half and half – 2 tbsp (I didn’t add it. You can add it for an extra taste.)
- Cilantro – To garnish
1. Wash and soak the rajma in enough water for at least 8 hrs. Pressure cook with enough water and little salt, for 1 whistle or until soft.
2. Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a deep pan and splutter cumins. Add chopped onions, finely chopped ginger-garlic, little salt and saute until lightly browned. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Saute until oil separates. Now add the pureed tomato. Cook for a few minutes until oil starts separating. Now add the cooked rajma along with the water in which it was cooked. Bring it to a boil. Taste-check for salt. Adjust the gravy according to your required consistency. Cook covered for 15 – 20 minutes at low heat until it reaches a thick, creamy consistency. Sprinkle kasoori methi, add 2 – 3 tsp butter and 2 tbsp fresh cream. Mix well and cover with a lid for at least 20 minutes to lock the flavors. Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice / chapatis.
My husband would love this with some curry rice! Looks so tasty!
Delicious curry. The color of rajma has come out very well.
ദാ അടുത്തത്!!! കുറെ കാലായി yummy- യില് വന്ന എല്ലാ വിഭവങ്ങളും ഈ കല്യാണിക്കുട്ടി taste ചെയ്തു… കല്യാണിക്കുട്ടി എല്ലാത്തിനും A+ മാര്ക്ക് കൊടുക്കുന്നു.
പൊതുവേ ഈ രാജമ്മേ കല്യാണിക്കുട്ടി -ക്ക് അത്ര ഇഷ്ടമല്ല, പക്ഷെ പറയാതിരിക്കാന് വയ്യ ട്ടോ… ഈ രാജമ്മ കിടിലോല്ക്കിടിലം ആണ്! ഒരു ഒന്ന് ഒന്നര രാജമ്മയാ… രാജമ്മാ കി ജയ്!
My all time fav comfort food..I make it almost the same way..
delicious one..rajma color is retained tats the best of it..
Adipoli rajma curry , chapathide koode entha taste.
adding butter, fresh cream hmmm…should be very tastyyyy….
I luv rajma…this one looks super yumm
Delicious dear! perfect with roti…
delicious healthy choice..yummy
healthy and adipoli curry….nalla photo annukitto!
Rajma chawal is such a comfort food to me and that looks delicious..
Perfect and delicious curry…beautiful clicks.
Wow thatz one perfect Rajma..
Love to have it with a bowl of rice:-) yummm
ohhh…droooooling here…perfect n tempting..
Rajma looks so delicious and inviting. Would try it out very soon.
looks yummy!…perfect with hot parathas:)
Rajma looks super yummy.
Adipoli curry,looks so yummy, ethu undakiyittu kalangalayathu pole, loved your version,will surely try this.
Love this…and what a coincidence I had this with chappathi for dinner yesterday 🙂
Perfect Rajma Curry…
beautiful clicks..my fav curry
Delicious rajma curry ,healthy as well .Recently i have picked up a liking for it .Cute pics .
wow, looks so superb dear !!!
nice color and the curry looks yummy…will try for sure
looks delicious n very tempting…healthy recipe..
This is my all time favorite rajma curry . i love to eat with rice…looks very tasty:)
Rajma is not really my cuppa tea, but this curry looks very very inviting Maya…I loved the presenation and clicks are just mindblowing ketto 🙂
well explained…I too make it similarly…
Tried this recipe for dinner yesterday. I skipped the kasoori methi, and I used milk instead of cream. Turned out very well.
Thanks for your constant support Rusheeda..Glad to know that it came out well 🙂
I tried this recipe for dinner party yesterday at my residence..and it was a success. Thankx Yummy team
Thanks a bunch for trying this recipe and for your feedback Rakhi..Great to hear it was a success 🙂
Hey thnks a ton for this recipe. Today I prepared this Rajma recipe for lunch. It was too good.
Had it with Chapthi..for garam masala i used small teaspoon of Eastern meat masala powder.
Thanks for your feedback, Anonymous. Glad to know that you enjoyed this dish.
Thanks for your feedback. Glad to know that you enjoyed it 🙂