Ingredients (Serves 2 – 3)
1. Chicken Wings – 8
2. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder – 3 tsp (You can use Kashmiri chilly powder)
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala Powder / biriyani masala powder – 1.5 – 2 tsp
Salt – To taste
3. Olive oil – 2 – 3 tsp
1. Wash the chicken wings. Cut between the joints into 3 pieces – drumette, wingette (flat) and wing tip. You can avoid using the wing tip if you want. Marinate the pieces with ingredients numbered 2 for at least 1/2 – 1 hour.
2. Transfer the marinated pieces to a wide, deep pan and add water in the same level. Cook covered at medium-high heat until the wings are almost done, stirring occasionally, about 20 – 25 minutes. Open the lid and let the water evaporate completely. Add 2 – 3 tsp olive oil and stir-fry for 5 – 7 minutes continuously until it gets a little crisp and the masala coats the wings well. Check for salt. Serve immediately. It tastes great as it is!
1. A lot of fat will be released from the wings as we don’t remove the skin. Olive oil is just added to make it tastier. You can avoid adding it if you want.
2. Cooking the wings in chicken broth instead of water makes it extra tasty.
3. Instead of the spice powders (ingredients numbered 2), you can use Eastern Chicken Fry Masala powder (about 2.5 tbsp).
Recipe Courtesy – Our friend, Suraj Jacob
very different way of cooking chicken wings. the end result is gorgeous.
wow!!!! I want it now!!! never knew wings are soo easy to make… i have recipes which needs sauces and so one… love this … want to try it bad!! Drooling here
Yummy.. that’s a new way of cooking wings… love it!
Looks authentic & delicious.
Simply awesome and delicious chicken wing roast. Thanks a lot for sharing step by step pics.
Yummy looking chicken wings…Loved the preparation…
wow very tempting roast !! love it !!
Ongoing Event – CC-Holiday Baking
great one..Its fingerlicking good
Woww…who will say no to this..looks absolutely yummy
wow!!very simple n yummy chicken!!nice click dear!
This is one perfect chi wings :))
Slurp,mouthwatering here, delicious chicken wings..
mhmmm..kithipichallo..I m coming for that wings now 🙂
omg…irresistable n inviting..;)
It was excellent. Can i make the same with chicken legs ? May i know how much kilo should be used ?
How many kilo of chicken is this quantity of ingrdents apt for ? Please do reply to my question.
Around 3/4 kg chicken wings
I just made these and had to come directly to your page and tell you how amazing they were!! My chili powder is not spicy, so I added red chili flakes but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I will definitely be keeping this one in the files. Thank you for sharing!
You’re welcome! 🙂 Great to know that you liked this recipe. Thank you so much for your feedback..