Ingredients (Serves 4)
1. Chicken – 3/4 kg
2. Onion – 1.5 cup, sliced and halved
3. Whole spices – cloves – 7 – 8, cinnamon stick – 1 inch, cardamom – 4
4. Ginger – garlic paste – 1 tbsp
5. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder – 3/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
6. Tomato – 1 large, chopped
7. Yoghurt – 1/4 cup
8. Cashews – 8 – 10, soaked in enough water for 10 – 15 minutes
Thick coconut milk – 1/4 – 1/2 cup (Adding coconut milk is optional. It tastes really good even without it)
9. Green chilies – 4, slit
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
10. Cilantro – 1 – 2 tbsp, to garnish
11. Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
12. Salt – To taste
1. Wash and clean the chicken. Cut into medium pieces.
2. Grind the soaked cashews along with thick coconut milk (or in enough water) and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a heavy – bottomed pan at medium heat. Add sliced onion and saute until transparent. Add whole spices and saute until fragrant. Now add ginger-garlic paste and saute until their raw smell is gone.Add spice powders numbered 5. Saute until their raw smell is gone. Now add tomato pieces. Saute until the tomato pieces are cooked. Next add the chicken pieces along with 1/4 cup yoghurt. Add enough salt. Bring down the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until half-done. Now add the ground cashews in coconut milk. Cover and cook until fully done. Check for salt. Add more water if required, it should have a medium consistency. Switch off. Add slit green chilies and lemon juice. Mix well. Garnish with chopped cilantro. This goes well with vegetable pulav, appam, chapatis etc.
Recipe Courtesy – Neetha Vinu
the chickn kurma looks delicious. perfect gravy.
Creamy and yummy,adipoli kurma.
yummy and delicious kurma…
Shabbu’s Tasty Kitchen
wow yummy and delicious kurma
So creamy and mouthwatering kurma..
Fingerlicking chicken kurma.
your kurma looks really tempting. I am salivating here.
Just tried this recipe, its come out very well.. Must try recipe.. Really Yummy… Thanks for posting this recipe…
tried this recipe today and I must say it was yummy.. thank you for posting this..
Tried this recipe many times…really yummy
Thanks for your feedback! 🙂
Tried this recipe… came out perfect! Thanks a lot for sharing.God bless