Ingredients ( Serves 4)
1. Whole milk or 2 % milk – 2 cups
2. Egg yolk – of 3 eggs
Sugar – 1/2 cup
3. Cornstarch – 2.5 tbsp
4. Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
Cold unsalted butter – 1 tbsp
5. Nutella – 1.5 tbsp
1. Set out 4 ramekins or other cups/small bowls. Cut a piece of smooth plastic that will divide the serving cup in half ( I used a paper plate).
2. In a large saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer over medium heat. Immediately turn off the heat. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until smooth and fluffy. Whisk in the cornstarch until completely incorporated. Whisk in a third of the hot milk mixture, then gradually whisk in the rest.
3. Pour the mixture through a fine strainer back into the saucepan to remove any lumps. Whisking constantly, cook over medium heat, until thick. When the mixture thickens, the whisk will leave trail marks on the bottom of the pot and the mixture will have a large few bubbles boiling up to the top. It takes only about 1 – 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, stir in the vanilla extract and butter, and whisk until the butter is melted.
4. Pour half of the mixture into a medium bowl and stir in the nutella until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes or until it is cool enough to work with.
5. Stand your divider in a ramekin / or the cup you are using. Put the custard on one side and nutella pudding on the other. Pull out the divider carefully and place in another ramekin and repeat the process. Tap the ramekins gently. Cover tightly with a plastic wrap in order to avoid the formation of pudding skin. Refrigerate for at least 2 – 3 hrs before serving.
Incredible and terrific pudding,cant resist.
Looks delicious n awesome. Lovely clicks.
that is such a lovely idea… beautiful looking dessert… Dear, one suggestion: Sometimes it is difficult to view your recipes because an FB page opens up on the top and doesnot seem to have a close button. maybe a technical glitch!!! have been followin u… beautiful page you have…
Isn’t Nutella a spread? So have you used a chocolate spread here?
Hello..after a long time I am visiting ur space…I too made it 2 days before but the plain one and this is to die for isn’t it..I used it to fill a cake but before filling the cake I ate 1/4 th of it as pudding :)next time I will try ur version too..
inviting and delicious pudding..
Spill the Spices