Ingredients (Makes 30 large cookies)
1. All purpose flour – 2 1/4 cup
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
2. Butter – 1 cup, softened
Granulated sugar – 1 cup
Light brown sugar – 1/2 cup
3. Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
Eggs – 2
4. M&M – 1.5 cup + 2 – 3 tbsp ((I used Dark Chocolate M&M’S, other varieties may be substituted)
Chocolate chips – 1/4 cup (optional)
1. Preheat oven at 375 F.
2. Combine all purpose flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with an electric hand mixer for about 1 minute. Add vanilla extract and the eggs one by one, beating until smooth. Scrape the bowl if necessary to make sure everything is incorporated. Add flour mixture (dry ingredients) and mix until just combined (do not over mix). Stir in the M&M’s and chocolate chips.
4. Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough using an ice cream scoop (or roll into small balls and flatten slightly) about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Press a few M&M’s into the tops of the cookie dough balls so the M&M’s stay on top and the cookies look more colorful after baking.
5. Bake at 375 F until cookies are brown around the edges, 10 – 11 minutes (if you like soft, chewy cookies bake for 8 – 10 minutes). Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet for 2 – 3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store in an air tight container. Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 – 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 – 3 months.