Ingredients (Makes around 2 – 3)
1. Whole wheat flour / atta podi – 1 cup
Salt – To taste
Water – As required
2. Carrot – 1 medium, grated (makes around 1/2 cup)
Grated coconut – 1/2 – 3/4 cup or as required
Sugar / jaggery – 2 tbsp or to taste
Broken cashews and raisins – 1 tbsp each
Cardamom powder – 1 pinch
1. Combine all the ingredients numbered 2.
2. Place the whole wheat flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a very thick batter by adding water little by little. Taste-check for salt. Flatten the batter on a rectangular banana leaf using your finger tips or using the back of a thavi/ spoon. Top it with the carrot – coconut mixture. Fold the banana leaf in half.
3. Heat a tawa. Roast the prepared banana leaf ottadas, on both sides at medium heat, until the banana leaves are browned as you see in the above picture (it takes about 4 – 6 minutes). Serve warm.