1. Chicken (breast or thighs) – Around 150 – 200 gm, cubed
2. Oil – 1 tbsp
3. Onion – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Green chilly – 2, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 tsp, minced
Garlic – 1 tsp, minced
Curry leaves – A few, chopped
2. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 3/4 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 + 1/4 tsp
3. Eggs – 4
Salt and pepper – As required
Oil – 1/2 tsp
1. Cook the chicken cubes adding salt and pepper. Cool down. Shred/mince the cooled chicken pieces in the small jar of a mixie. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan at medium heat. Add onion, a pinch of salt, green chilly, ginger and garlic. Saute until onion turns golden. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Saute until their raw smell disappears. Add shredded chicken. Mix well. Check for salt. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Add 1/4 tsp garam masala powder and mix well. Switch off.
3. Beat two eggs in a bowl, adding salt and pepper.
4. Heat 1/2 – 1 tsp oil in a small pan (if you’re using a large pan, use 4 eggs) at medium heat. Add 4 – 5 tbsps of the chicken masala to the beaten egg. (OR add the beaten eggs to the pan and sprinkle chicken masala on top.) Mix well. Pour this mixture into the pan. Cook covered for 2 – 3 minutes over low-medium heat. Flip to the other side and cook for a few seconds. Switch off. Serve hot!