Easy One Bowl Chocolate Cake
A rich, moist and delicious chocolate cake..takes hardly 10 minutes to prepare the batter. Thank you @kailas_sivaraj for this amazing recipe!
Recipe Courtesy – Kailas_sivaraj
- All purpose flour / maida – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
2. Eggs – 2
Milk – 1/2 cup
Oil – 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
3. Instant coffee (I used bru) – 1 tsp dissolved in 3 tbsp warm water
4. Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven at 350 F. Grease a 9 inch cake tin with butter and sprinkle flour or line with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients numbered 1 in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract. Whisk them and then combine with the dry ingredients. Add instant coffee dissolved in 3 tbsp warm water. Whisk to combine. Finally add 1 tbsp vinegar and whisk until combined. Pour into the prepared 9 inch pan. Bake at 350 F for 27 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely. Frost with dark chocolate glaze or chocolate ganache (recipes below).
- For Dark Chocolate Glaze1. Dark Chocolate / semi sweet chocolate – 100 gm / around 2 oz, chopped
Condensed milk – 1.5 tbsp
Heavy cream – 2.5 tbsp
Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
2. Butter – 1 tsp
Melt all the ingredients except butter on a double boiler and stir until smooth. Add a tsp of butter and stir until it melts. Spread the glaze on the cake. Allow to set for a few hrs. Enjoy!!
For chocolate ganache frosting
Heavy cream – 1/3 cup
Semi-sweet chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
Butter – 1 tsp
Salt – A tiny pinch
Heat the heavy cream in a small pan over medium heat until hot. Remove from stove. Add the chocolate chips and let sit for 1 minute. Add the butter, a pinch of salt and whisk everything together until the chocolate melts completely. Spread on the cake. Allow to set for a few hours. Enjoy!!