Ingredients (Makes around 10 laddus)
- Desiccated coconut – 1.5 cup
- Ghee / butter – 2 – 3 tsp
- Condensed milk – 1/4 cup + 1 – 2 tbsp or to taste
- Whole milk – 1- 2 tbsp (optional)
- Cardamom powder – 1 pinch
- Salt – 1 pinch, to balance the flavors
- Roohafza – 1 – 2 tbsp or to taste (You can use rose syrup instead. Or 1 tsp rose water and a pinch of red food color)
- Dates, almonds or any nuts for stuffing the laddusMethod
1. Heat ghee/ butter in a nonstick pan. Add desiccated coconut, condensed milk and 1-2 tbsp whole milk (add milk only if the desicccated coconut and condensed milk mix looks dry). Stir for 1 – 2 minutes till thick. Add cardamom powder, a pinch of salt, 1 – 2 tbsp roohafza or rose syrup and mix well. Cook for a few seconds and switch off. Cool the mixture slightly.
2. Grease your palms with a little ghee and roll the laddus. Flatten with palms and place an almond or a small date stuffed with almond. Shape into balls and roll in desiccated coconut. Enjoy!