A super addictive and flavorful Vietnamese and Italian fusion dish popular in San Francisco Bay Area. What’s not to love about noodles tossed with butter, garlic, Asian sauces and parmesan cheese! I highly recommend you to give it a try…it’s that yum! To make it a complete meal, add any protein of your choice and a side salad. And try to control your portion size as it’s quite heavy on your tummy.
San Francisco Style Garlic Noodles
Ingredients (Serves 3)
- Chinese egg noodles, fresh or dry (I used chow mein) – 200 gm (You can use spaghetti instead)
2. Butter – 1.5 – 2 tbsp
3. Garlic, minced – 1 – 1.5 tbsp (around 7 medium-large cloves)
4. Crushed chili flakes – 1/2 tsp
5. Oyster sauce – 1 – 1.5 tbsp (You can replace it with 2 tsp soy sauce)
Fish sauce – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/8 tsp
Maggi chicken stock cube (optional) – 1/4 – 1/2 of 1 small cube (around 1/4 – 1/2 tsp powdered. You can use a pinch of ajinomotto, chicken bouillon powdered or maggi seasoning instead. It is used as a flavor enhancer.)
Rice vinegar – 1/2 tsp (optional)
6. Parmesan cheese – 2 – 3 tbsp, grated
7. Fresh parsley – 1 – 2 tbsp, minced (You can use spring onion/ green onion instead)
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Strain well and set aside.
- Heat 1 – 1.5 tbsp butter in a pan over medium heat and add minced garlic. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes over low heat (do not brown). Add cooked noodles and ingredients numbered 5.Toss well until everything is well-combined. Taste-check for salt. Switch off. Add parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.