Vella Naranga Achar / White Lemon Pickle

1. Nice spicy achar.. Love this

2. (വായില്‍ വന്ന വെള്ളം ഇറക്കിക്കൊണ്ട്‌) ഇല്ല ഇല്ല… കല്യാണിക്കുട്ടി ഈ പടം നോക്കില്ല…

3. Rumana Rawat says:

my mouth is watering..I have a event running in my blog. do participate:)

4. Padhu says:

Mouth watering and delicious

5. sojo says:

hmmmmm…. lovely post… and delicious Achar

6. Ur version sounds intersting…tongue tickling pickle

Slurp,tongue tickling pickle..

8. Spicy and delicious !

9. Prathibha says:

love lemon pickle n loved ur version

10. Priti says:

Yum ..one of my fav…looks so gud

11. Rekha shoban says:

wow!mouthwatering dear!nice click!

12. Jaisy James says:

aha adipoli vella naranga achar undakkiyittu othiri nal ayi adipoli

13. Nisa Homey says:

sharikum amma undakunnathu pole….tempting clicks too….now I am tempted to make it…hmmm…it tastes heaven with kanji.

14. Seeing your wonderful pics I could feel the tanginess…slurp

15. Love this so much,kothiyavunnu..try cheyyanam ennu vicharichurikkukaya..thanks for the recipe dear:)

16. This is one nostalgic post maya, my ammomma makes this, just like u rs, eeshwara eny epol vella anranga undakiti thanen karyam, kidilan picture tto…

Mind-blowing gorgeous pickle…

18. Pickle looks to be very tasty and tangy. Lovely preparation.

Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

19. Foodie Ann says:

Double likey…..:)

20. Swathi says:

Vella naranga achar adipoli. chorinte koode entha rasam.

21. Suman Singh says:

Pickles are my weakness..This is simply delicious!

22. Prathima Rao says:

OMG~!!! Wht a delicious pickle!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

23. Vidhya says:

I am drooling over the pictures.Lemon pickles have a special place in my heart.Just yesterday I was thinking of making some pickles ,and now thanks to you I have the answer on what to make.

Tangy and tasty pickles..

25. Satrupa says:

Tangy Pickle …. lovely click

of all the pickles this one is my all time fav. looks sooooo good.. I am dying to have some right now.YUMMMMMMM.

27. dfsdf says:

Hi..
    I love this white lemon pickle .. especially the one with birds eye chilli.. day before yesterday i got this chilli from Lulu… I have made the pickle and I have dried the rest.
    I have a suggestion…
    after u splutter the mustard seeds.. add hing powder (kaya podi)and methi powder or seeds (uluva) to the hot oil..
    and also u can boil the lemon with salt added instead of steaming it. boil it till u can see the skin of the lemon getting thinner and it will be like about to brust open.. Dont wait till it get blisters.. yengane cheythal chela narangayude tholi karanam undakunna kayippu maarum..
    Arunima

@ dfsdf,

Thank you much for your suggestion. This is my mom’s recipe and I photographed this while I was in Kerala. I talked to her about your comment just now. She said she usually adds kaya podi and uluva podi to lemon pickles. I think I might have missed it out while typing. I have corrected the recipe. I think adding uluva podi and kaya podi is a personal choice. At Lakshmi’s place, they dont add them both in white lemon pickle while one of my other friends said they dont add kaya podi to both normal and white lemon pickles. So I have listed them both as optional. Also my mom usually steams lemon. She said you can either boil the lemons in salted water or saute the whole lemons in oil until golden browned in order to reduce the kayippu. Thanks again!