Spicy Chicken Wings Roast – Bachelors’ Special
Ingredients (Serves 2 – 3)
1. Chicken Wings – 8
2. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder – 3 tsp (You can use Kashmiri chilly powder)
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala Powder / biriyani masala powder – 1.5 – 2 tsp
Salt – To taste
3. Olive oil – 2 – 3 tsp
1. Wash the chicken wings. Cut between the joints into 3 pieces – drumette, wingette (flat) and wing tip. You can avoid using the wing tip if you want. Marinate the pieces with ingredients numbered 2 for at least 1/2 – 1 hour.
2. Transfer the marinated pieces to a wide, deep pan and add water in the same level. Cook covered at medium-high heat until the wings are almost done, stirring occasionally, about 20 – 25 minutes. Open the lid and let the water evaporate completely. Add 2 – 3 tsp olive oil and stir-fry for 5 – 7 minutes continuously until it gets a little crisp and the masala coats the wings well. Check for salt. Serve immediately. It tastes great as it is!
1. A lot of fat will be released from the wings as we don’t remove the skin. Olive oil is just added to make it tastier. You can avoid adding it if you want.
2. Cooking the wings in chicken broth instead of water makes it extra tasty.
3. Instead of the spice powders (ingredients numbered 2), you can use Eastern Chicken Fry Masala powder (about 2.5 tbsp).
Recipe Courtesy – Our friend, Suraj Jacob