Pacha kurumulaku aracha mathi varuthathu / Sardine–green pepper corn fry
1. Sardine – 10, washed and cleaned
2. Pacha kurumulaku / green pepper corn – 1.5 tbsp (Adjust according to your taste)
Garlic – 4 – 5 small cloves, crushed with skin on
3. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – To taste
4. Coconut oil – To shallow-fry
1. Make slits on the sardines and keep aside.
2. Coarsely grind pacha kurumulaku and garlic cloves. Add turmeric powder, enough salt and mix well. Apply this marinade to the fish pieces and set aside for 10 minutes. Shallow fry on both sides until done. Serve hot sardine fry with rice.