It’s been more than a month since we have started this blog and ever since we have been receiving a lot of comments both good and bad, which inspired us to go ahead with our venture! We are receiving a lot of encouragement from family and friends. They are sharing their wonderful recipes with us, which we would post after we give it a try. Besides we need pictures too right? A huge thanks to my hubby’s colleague Rajani for lending me her wonderful cookbook with lots of yummy recipes! Now I am utterly confused as to where I should start? I think i will start the new set of recipes with one which my sister passed me. It’s a Mrs. K.M. Mathew recipe from her famous cook book “ Adukkalajolikku Elluppavazhikal” and it’s a simple cauliflower thoran which tastes best when served hot.
- Cauliflower – 1 medium-sized cut into small florets
- Pearl onion – 10 sliced
- Green chillies – 2-3 chopped fine
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Crushed whole pepper corns – 8 – 10
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 – 1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
1. Heat oil in a deep pan. Splutter mustard seeds and brown the dry red chillies. Add the pearl onions and chopped green chillies. Stir in the crushed pepper corns and saute for a minute.
2. Add the cauliflower florets, turmeric powder, grated coconut and salt. Cover and cook at low heat till the cauliflower is done. Finally add the pepper powder, mix well and cook for a few more minutes. Switch off. Serve hot with rice. It tastes best while hot. Its really delicious, do try it.