- Banana Bud/Vazha kooombu – 1 large
- Red Chori/van payar Cooked – 1.5 cup
- Grated Coconut – 3/4 cup
- Green chillies – 2-3
- Garlic – 2
- Curry leaves – 1-2 sprig
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chillies – 1-2
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – As required
1. Remove 3-4 outer layers of the banana bud and chop it really fine into a vessel with water, salt, oil and turmeric powder.
2. In a deep pan, heat some oil and splutter the mustards. Add dry red chillies and brown them. Now add in the finely chopped banana bud(after squeezing out the water) and cook covered, at low heat. Meanwhile crush the grated coconut with green chillies and garlic.
3. When the banana bud is cooked well, add the cooked vanpayar, crushed coconut mixture , curry leaves and mix well. Cover and cook for a few minutes. Switch off.