- Uppumanga – 4 small, cut into small cubes
- Green chillies – 4, sliced to rounds
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Grated coconut – 1/2 – 3/4 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Mustards – 1/4 + 1 tsp
- Dry red chillies – 2
- Oil – 1 tbsp
1. Grind the grated coconut with cumin seeds to a fine paste. Crush 1 tsp mustards in a mixer or a mortar and pestle.
2. Combine the uppumanga pieces (along with their seeds) with the green chillies, turmeric powder, chilly powder and little water(you can add the brine in which the mangoes were preserved). Cook them at medium heat until done. Bring down the heat and add the ground coconut mixture. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the crushed mustards. Mix well. Switch off.
3. In a small pan, heat 1 tbsp oil. Splutter 1/4 tsp mustards, fry dry red chillies and a few curry leaves. Pour it into the curry. Mix well and serve with rice.