Feb 2nd is going to be a big day for Seattleites. On that day, Seattle Seahawks will face Denver broncos in the 48th super bowl held in New Jersey. As you can imagine, the whole of Seattle is psyched up about this game. Though I myself do not follow football, or any other sports for that matter, this game is something very special for our city, and I will be rooting for my hometown team. I am showing my 12th man pride by baking these delicious chicken wings. Hope you enjoy them. Go hawks!
1. Chicken wings – 1/2 kg (Clean and cut the chicken wings between the joints into 2 pieces – drumette and wingette (discard the tip))
2. Yoghurt – 1/4 cup
Ginger-garlic paste – 1.5 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 tbsp
Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Kasoori methi – 1/2 tsp
Salt – To taste
Oil – 2 – 3 tsp
For the glaze
3. Butter, melted – 1.5 tbsp
Sriracha red chilly sauce – 1 tbsp (optional)
Garlic powder – 1 pinch
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
In a small bowl, combineall the above ingredients. Set aside.
1. Clean and remove the tips of the chicken wings. Cut the wings at the joint into wings and drummettes.
2. Combine all the ingredients numbered 2. Taste-check for salt. Marinate the chicken pieces with this marinade for at least 4 hrs or overnight in the refrigerator. Take it out 1/2 hour before baking.
3. Preheat oven at 450 F. Arrange the chicken wings on a greased baking sheet or a baking sheet line with parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes. Take it out and flip to the other side. Put it back in the oven and bake for another 12 minutes or so. Again take it out and apply the glaze on both sides of the chicken pieces. Broil for 2 – 3 minutes till slightly charred. Enjoy with some onions rings and lemon wedges / ketchup / mint chutney / blue cheese dip / ranch dressing etc.
wow, these look gorgeous….i am making them right away! thanks for sharing this recipe….and coincidentally enough I happen to be from denver and was rooting for broncos that day……….:/
I have no clue why it took so long for me to tryout this awesome recipe. It turned out perfect!!! No more “Buffalo wild wings” for us…. :D. Thanks Maya for this guilt free wings recipe!!
Had to leave my comment for this one. These were the most epic wings we’ve ever had! Thank you so much for coming up with this recipe… Will be definitely making these often 🙂
Tried for super bowl tonight
Thanks for your feedback! 🙂