In pic – Kerala rosematta rice, moru curry, pappadam, bittergourd thoran, fish curry, vendakka-urula kizhangu curry and kaduku manga achar
1. Vendakka / okra – 3 cups, cut into 1.5 inch pieces
Potato – 1 medium, cubed
2. Oil – 2 tbsp
3. Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dried red chilies – 2
4. Onion – 1 cup, chopped
Green chilies – 4, slit
Curry leaves – Few
5. Tomato – 2 small, cut into large cubes
6. Water – 1.5 – 2 cups
7. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder – 3/4 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1.5 tsp
Fennel powder – 1/2 tsp
8. Grated coconut – 3/4 cup
9. Salt – To taste
1. Grind grated coconut to a very fine paste adding 3 – 4 tbsp water.
2. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fry dry red chilies. Add chopped onion, green chilies and curry leaves. Saute until onion turns transparent. Add vendakka pieces and continue to saute for another 5 – 6 minutes. Add potato pieces, tomato cubes and saute until tomato turns soft. Next add ingredients numbered 7, 1.5 – 2 cups of hot water and bring to a boil. Cook covered for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are done. Add ground coconut paste and cook for 3 – 4 minutes. If the gravy is very thick, add 1/2 – 3/4 cup hot water. Switch off. Okra and potato curry goes very well with rice and chapathis.
when you suppose to add ingredients no.7?
I have updated the recipe. Thanks so much for pointing it out!
Maya, ingredients listil potato ezhuthan marannu poyennu thonnunnu. Anyway as usual very tempting picture. Soon gonna try this and let you know………
Thanks Indhu 🙂 I have updated the recipe. Hope you will like it..
looks sooo tempting n delicious curry…
thanks for the receipe.
This is very Yummy..I made this for dinner and loved it.Thanks for the recipe.
You’re welcome! 🙂 Great to know that you loved this dish.
Forgot to mention when to add powders.. Came out gr8.. Thanks
I updated it sometime back..Thanks for your feedback.
I tried out this curry for yesterday’s dinner with chapathis and it tasted so good. So far i had tried out only okra stir fry. This is the first time I prepared a curry out of okra. My husband loved it too! Thanks for the recipe 🙂
You’re welcome Priya 🙂 Great to know that you both enjoyed it..Thanks a bunch for taking time to let me know your feedback!
I tried this recipe yesterday… It was really tasty.. I have tried many of your recipes… Every time its a hit… thank you…
You’re most welcome 🙂 Great to know that you loved this dish!
It is awesome recipe, I tried it and turned out very nicely. I have shared recipe with my sister and she also made it, our whole family loved it. Thanks Maya!
Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback here, Binsy 🙂 Really happy to know that you all loved it!
I tried out this curry for rice.adipoli… Now addicted to this site.