5 glorious years, Friends! It’s been five amazing years since I took baby steps with Yummy O Yummy. It feels soooo good. I thank you all from the deep bottom of my heart for showering the blog with your love 🙂 Yes, it’s anniversary time, and that too, the blog has reached a milestone. Time has come for a giveaway I guess!
Purely for convenience sake, this giveaway is only for the blog’s American readers. So, stay tuned people! Others, I promise I will make up to you later! Forgive me this one time.
Today’s anniversary treat brings you a yummy healthy sweet. Don’t think healthy food tastes bland. They taste amazing if made using incredible ingredients. This recipe is super easy and super fun to make. And, the best part? The whole process ends in 20 minutes.
In this recipe, I have used mejdool dates that we bought from Costco. They’re incredibly soft, moist, super sweet and is perfect for this recipe. However, you can use any variety of dates that you have on hand. Enjoy the recipe and please keep supporting.
Ingredients (For 10 rolls )
1. Almonds – 1/2 cup or mixed nuts
2. Mejdool dates – 3/4 cup (Around 7 – 8 dates, pitted)
Cocoa powder – 1.5 tbsp
3. Semi-sweet chocolate chips – 1/3 cup
Vegetable oil – 1 tsp
4. Desiccated coconut, sprinkles, cocoa powder, finely chopped nuts or any toppings of your choice – For rolling the truffles
1. Place the toppings in different bowls and set aside.
2. Place the almonds in a food processor or in a mixie and coarsely grind it. Add pitted dates and cocoa powder. Continue to grind until a sticky dough forms. Roll into small balls.
3. Place the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a bowl. Fill a saucepan with 1 – 2 inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Hold the bowl of chocolate over the simmering water to melt (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the simmering water). Stir until smooth. Once the chocolate chips melt down and become smooth, remove it from heat.
4. Using a spoon, dip each roll into the melted chocolate, and then into the bowl of your toppings to cover it completely. Transfer it to a plate or baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining rolls. Set aside for 1 hour until set completely (or after 5 – 10 minutes, keep in the refrigerator for 30 – 45 minutes). These healthy truffles taste fantastic! Enjoy! Refrigerate the leftovers.
If the dates are not very soft, soak in warm water for 5 – 10 minutes. Drain, pat with a paper towel and then use in the recipe.
Congrats maya 🙂 keep up the good work! Tried the truffles they were super delicious and so easy to make. Do keep posting awesone recipes like this
congratz and keep going .. I regularly visit your blog and it is just amazing!!!
Happy Blog Anniversary Maya, Thank you very much for giving us Yummy o Yummy.!!, Your wonderful blog pictures and recipes were my inspiration to start cooking and blogging AND making way to my hubby’s heart 😉 …Though I don’t blog anymore , still keep an eye on all the new recipes ….
Keep going Maya… BEST WISHES 🙂 🙂 🙂