Ingredients (Serves 2 – 3 as a snack)
Recipe – Adapted from Show me the Curry
1. Packaged Noodles (Ramen / maggi or any variety) – 2 small (I used 2 small packs of maggi)
Water – 1.5 cups (or half the amount suggested on the package)
2. Cabbage – 1/4 cup, thinly sliced
Carrot – 2 tbsp
Green bell pepper / capsicum – 2 tbsp, thinly sliced
3. Onion – 1/3 cup, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, chopped
Green chilly – 1 – 2, thinly sliced to rounds
Cilantro – 2 – 3 tbsp, chopped
Lime or Lemon Juice – 2 tsp or to taste
Sev – 1/2 – 3/4 cup
1. Boil half the amount of water suggested on the noodles package. Open the noodles package and remove the spice packet. Break and toss the noodles into the boiling water. Add in the spices or use your own. Mix well and cook till the water is 75 %absorbed by the noodles, around 2 mts. Add the thinly sliced vegetables (adding vegetables is completely optional). Cook for 1 minute until noodles are done. Switch off. (Veggies should remain crunchy).
2. Transfer the cooked noodles to a serving dish. Top with chopped onion, tomatoes, green chilies, cilantro and sev. Drizzle some lime or lemon juice and serve immediately. Enjoy!!