Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Shrimp
1. Pasta – 6 – 8 oz (Around 3 – 4 cups)
2. Shrimp – 15 – 20, cleaned
3. Olive oil – 1 tbsp
4. Garlic – 1 large, chopped
5. Salt and pepper – To taste
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions adding salt till al dente. Right before you are ready to drain, reserve about 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water. Drain the pasta.
2. Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan at medium-high heat. Add chopped garlic and stir for a minute until fragrant. Add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes until they are done. Add the cooked pasta and 2 tbsp pesto. Switch off. Toss well. Switch off. Serve immediately!
Cilantro – 1.5 cup
Garlic – 1 – 2 cloves
Pine nuts / walnuts/ almonds/ sunflower seeds etc – 1/4 cup
Lemon juice – 1 – 2 tsp or to taste
Salt and pepper – To taste
Extra virgin olive oil – 2 – 3 tbsp
Parmesan cheese, grated – 1/4 – 1/3 cup
In a food processor or in the small jar of a mixie, add cilantro, garlic, pine nuts / walnuts, lemon juice, salt, pepper and blend well. Slowly add the olive oil, scrape down the sides of the food processor in between and continue blending until smooth. Finally add in parmesan cheese and pulse a couple of times. Taste-check and add salt, if required. This recipe needs only 2 – 3 tbsp. You can store the left-overs in the refrigerator for a few weeks.