Ingredients (Serves 3 – 4)
1. Butter / oil – 2 + 2 – 3 tsp
2. Sausage (of your choice) – 3 – 4 links, chopped (I used Italian chicken sausage)
3. Green and red bell pepper – 1/2 cup each, chopped
Onion – 1/2 cup, chopped
4. Salt and pepper – To taste
Onion powder and garlic powder – A tiny pinch (optional)
5. Eggs – 4
Milk – 2 tsp
Salt and pepper – As required
6. Flour tortilla – 3 – 4, burrito-sized
7. Shredded cheese / cheese slices (cheddar or any cheese you prefer) – As required
1. Heat 2 tsp oil / butter over medium-high heat. Add sausage pieces and cook for a few minutes until light golden. Next add peppers and onion. You can add a pinch of onion powder and garlic powder. Cook for 5 –6 minutes until the peppers are slightly charred. Add a tiny pinch of oniuion and garlic powder, if you like. Remove to a bowl.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs with the milk and a pinch of salt and pepper,
In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp butter. Add eggs and cook, stirring, until scrambled and done. Add the cooked sausage and mix well. Taste-check and add salt, pepper if required. Switch off.
3. Warm a tortilla and lay on a plate. Top it with cheese slice or shredded cheese and the scrambled egg mixture. Wrap it, burrito style. Serve with guacamole or sour cream.
To make it extra tasty – Heat 1 tsp butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat and fry burritos on both sides for 1 – 2 minutes. OR Bake in oven (400 F) for 10 minutes.