Quick and easy dish that tastes yum! Perfect for kids’ lunch box or busy weeknights..
Ingredients (Serves 2 – 3)
1. Pasta – 1.5 cup
2. Olive oil – 2 tsp
3. Chicken sausage – 2 – 3 links, sliced (I used cooked Italian chicken sausage. You can use cooked / raw sausage)
4. Garlic – 2-3 cloves, chopped
Crushed red chilly flakes – 1/2 tsp
Onion and garlic powder – 1 pinch (optional)
5. Broccoli – 1.5 cup, cut into medium florets
6. Salt and pepper – To taste
Extra virgin olive oil – 1.5 – 2 tsp
7. Parmesan cheese – 1/4 cup, grated
8. Parsley – 1 tbsp, finely chopped (optional)
1. Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry sausage pieces for a few minutes until light golden (If you are using raw sausage, add to pan and break it into small pieces using a wooden spatula and stir until golden and cooked through) . Add garlic, crushed chilly flakes, onion and garlic powder, if using and pepper powder. Stir for 2-3 mins.
2. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to package instructions. Two minutes before the pasta is ready to be drained, add the broccoli florets. Cook for two minutes. Drain the pasta and broccoli and add to the chicken sausage mixture. (Reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water).
Add 2 – 3 tbsp pasta cooking water and toss well. Sprinkle 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and toss again . Finally add 1.5 tsp extra virgin oil and mix well. Serve immediately. Sprinkle 1 – 2 tsp parmesan cheese, while serving.