- Yoghurt – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Baking powder – 1 1/4 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
2. Tutti frutti – 1/2 cup (optional, you can omit if you don’t have it)
Raisins – 3 tbsp (optional)
All purpose flour – 1.5tsp (optional)
3. Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Oil – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1 pinch
4. All purpose flour / Maida – 1.5 cup
Cardamom powder – 1 pinch
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- In a large bowl, using a whisk, combine yoghurt with sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside for two minutes.
- Combine tutti frutti and raisins with 1.5 tsp all purpose flour. Set aside.
- Add vanilla extract, oil and salt to yoghurt mix. Whisk gently to combine. Add a pinch of cardamom powder, all purpose flour in 2 – 3 batches and mix gently. Finally add tutti frutti mix and fold. Pour the batter into a parchment lined cake pan (8×4 inch or 9×5 inch loaf pan).
5. Bake at 350 F for about 37 – 40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking pan for about 10 – 15 minutes. Remove cake from the pan. Cool for at least 30 minutes.
6. Cut the cake into 1/2 – 3/4 inch slices. Lay them on foil or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 325 F for about 10 – 15 minutes on one side. Flip them and bake for another 10 – 15 minutes or until they turn golden, dry and crunchy. It will further harden on cooling. Cool and store in an air tight container. Tea rusk will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week. Enjoy with tea/coffee.