Easy Okra/ Vendakka fry
Recipe courtesy – Jay Menon
- Okra / vendakka – 10 – 15
2. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri chilli powder – 2 tbsp
Salt – To taste
Water – To make a paste
3. Coconut oil – 2 tbsp or as required
- Make a slit on each okra lengthwise without cutting through the entire length. They should still be joined at one end. Do this with every okra and then set them aside.
2. Combine okra with all the ingredients numbered 2. Set aside for 15 minutes. Heat 1 – 2 tbsp oil in a small non-stick pan. Place okra in the pan and cook over medium heat for a minute on both sides. Bring down the heat to low. Cook for about 10 – 12 minutes on low heat till okra is completely cooked through and slightly crisp. Keep tossing them every 2 – 3 minutes. Serve with rice / roti. Its really yum!