- . Chicken cutlets (thin sliced chicken breast) – 2 (Use store bought chicken cutlets if you have whole chicken breast, slice it half through the middle to get a thin flat piece. Using a meat mallet, pound chicken cutlet to about 1/2 inch thick OR place chicken cutlet inside a zip lock and using a rolling pin roll till it achieves uniform thickness)
- Smoked paprika – 1.5 tsp
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Garlic powder – 1/2 tsp
Onion powder – 3/4 tsp
Dried oregano or Italian seasoning – 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Salt and pepper -To taste
1. Combine the chicken breast cutlets with all the ingredients numbered 2. Let rest for at least 30 minutes or a few hours in the refrigerator. Take it out 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Grill / pan fry over medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness of the chicken) until cooked through. Let rest for 2 minutes. Serve with salad and/or pasta.
Ingredients For Salad
1. Lettuce, chopped – 2 cups
2. Cherry tomatoes – 1/2 cup, halved
3. Onion – 3 tbsp, thinly sliced
4. Avocado – 1 firm, cubed
5. Green olives – A few
For Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette (Use half of the vinaigrette for Spaghetti)
6. Extra virgin olive oil – 4 tbsp
Lemon juice – 3 – 4 tbsp
Garlic powder – 1/4 tsp or minced garlic – 1 tsp
Honey – 2 tsp or sugar – 1/4 tsp
Dijon mustard – 1/2 – 1 tsp (I highly recommend using this as it makes a big difference in taste)
Salt and pepper – To taste
Add all the ingredients for the dressing in a mason jar and shake well. Pour half of it over the salad just before serving. Use the remaining half for the spaghetti.
- Spaghetti – 1/2 pound
- Vinaigrette – 2 – 3 tbsp (Recipe above)
- Basil leaves – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Fresh parsley – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper – As required to taste
- Parmesan Cheese, grated – 3 – 4 tbsp
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente.
2. Drain pasta and add it back to the vessel. Add vinaigrette, chopped basil, parsley, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Toss well. Serve immediately.