Nellikka Varattiyathu / Dry Gooseberry Pickle –Kerala Style

1. Omg!! this looks tremendousttoo..vaayil vellam niranju..

2. Omg!! this looks tremendoustoo..vaayil vellam niranju…

3. Urmila says:

adipoli….njan nellikka ivide kanditte illa….

4. Maya says:

Ethu njan nattil chennappol amma undakki thannathannu :) Last week eviduthe Indian storeil adhyamayi frozen goose berries kandu, athu kondu njan sadha nellikka achar undakkanirikkuvannu…

5. Vidhya says:

Yum!Wish I had some of this right now as I am down with cold and fever.I am sure this could enliven my taste buds.

6. Wow looks super yum, perfect with curd rice

7. yummy! really tempting dear! clicks are awesome…

8. Roshan says:

mouthwatering pickles and awesome presentation…..

9. Jaisy James says:

adipoli ayittundu ketto

10. Pickle looks so yummy and tangy. Already slurping.

Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

11. Rekha shoban says:

wow!!adipoli ayyitundu da!!!looks spicy!

12. ente daivame, ravile thanne eny njan nellika achar anveshichu evid epokum? angotteku varatte..Kidilan pictures tto maya..achar pinne parayandallo :-D

13. VineelaSiva says:

Oh my God u makes me drooling with the pickle.Here in USA we dont get fresh .Is it ok to try with frozen berries.

Wat a Colorful and healthy pickle looks so inviting…

15. Nice Red colour makes the Nellikaa pickle tempting!! I liked the containers also :)

16. Pickle looks so tempting Maya,frozen vachu njanum try cheyithunokkam..so good.

17. വീണ്ടും വീണ്ടും…. പാവം കല്യാണിക്കുട്ടി

18. Swathi says:

Nellikka varattiyathu looks adipoli.

19. Padhu says:

Looks so tempting!

Soo tempting and mouthwatering here..

I tried this and it came out so well that we cant stop serving more and more on to our plates..really superb..and its getting tastier day by day. I couldn’t get my hands on Gingelly oil, so used ordinary coconut oil..but still the taste is amazing..Cant thank you enough for posting this recipe!!!

Varsha

I am super-excited that you liked this recipe, Varsha..You made my day :) I will pass this comment to my mom who shared the recipe. Thank you so much for trying it..

Maya

love itttt

you can find the best Colombian Gooseberries here:

25. SA Rawther Spices is the largest processor and exporter of black pepper and dry ginger in India, apart from having a good track record in the international trade of coffee, turmeric, cloves, chillies, nutmeg and other products.

CHILLIES
    Botanical names: Capsicum Annum
    Family name: Solanaceae
    A member of the Capsicum family, there are over 200 different varieties of chillies in the world. Having a mild to strong hot taste it is used in almost every cuisine-Indian, Chinese, Mexican, Japanese. Chillies have two characteristics, one their colour because of the pigment called Capsanthin in it and two the biting pungency because of Capsaicin, on the basis of which the varieties differ and so its demand.

FOR MORE DETAILS VISIT : http://rawther.co.in/

26. soujiart says:

hi,thanks for sharing
    can i use frozen one??

27. Maya Akhil says:

Yeah, you can use frozen gooseberries but it wont taste as good as the fresh one.

28. parvati says: