Baby Taro Roast
1. Baby taro / cheru chembu / arbi / colocasia – Around 25 – 30, peeled
2. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
3. Water - As required to cook
4. Salt – to taste
5. Chilly powder – 2 – 2.5 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 3/4 tsp
6. Coconut oil - Around 3 tbsp or as required
1. Cook the baby taros until soft adding salt, turmeric powder and enough water. Do not over-cook them.
2. Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a wide pan / cheena chatti and add the cooked taros. Mix well at low heat, adding the masala powders one by one. Cook at low heat until well-roasted and brown, turning sides in between and adding more oil as required. It takes about 20 – 30 mts. Switch off when it is well-roasted. Serve with rice and any gravy.