1. Baby taro / cheru chembu / arbi / colocasia – Around 25 – 30, peeled
2. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
3. Water – As required to cook
4. Salt – to taste
5. Chilly powder – 2 – 2.5 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 3/4 tsp
6. Coconut oil – Around 3 tbsp or as required
1. Cook the baby taros until soft adding salt, turmeric powder and enough water. Do not over-cook them.
2. Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a wide pan / cheena chatti and add the cooked taros. Mix well at low heat, adding the masala powders one by one. Cook at low heat until well-roasted and brown, turning sides in between and adding more oil as required. It takes about 20 – 30 mts. Switch off when it is well-roasted. Serve with rice and any gravy.
wow, what a beautiful golden color. It is so tempting 🙂
Give me that bowl..super tempting roast..
Nice tempting roast !! love to have with sambar rice !!
CC:Spring Seasonal Food
Ah!! super delicious.. Will try this one..
Wow…this sure is a must try!
Super roast !! Will be good one with bland dal.
What a lovely golden color taro roast…
looks perfect and very tempting 🙂
So evenly browned. Looks delicious.
wow very tempting,luks delicious…
Wow perfectly made,healthy roast..
looks great. love it
happy to follow u..
Shabbu’s Tasty Kitchen
The arbi looks absolutely delicious 🙂 i make a very similasr roast, but my sinful indulgence is arbi deep fried and sprinkled with salt and red chilli powder! l