1. White chick peas / white chana / vella kadala – 1.5 cups, cooked
Avocado – 1 medium-large
Garlic – 2 small cloves
Lemon juice – 1 – 1.5 tbsp
Salt – To taste
Extra-virgin olive oil – 3 tbsp
2. Coarse-ground pepper – 1/4 tsp
3. Parsley – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight in water. Cook till it is soft and done. Drain and reserve the water in which it is cooked.
2. In a food processor or in the large jar of a mixie, blend the chickpeas, avocado, garlic, lemon juice, salt and around 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid. Process until smooth, scraping the sides in between. You can add some reserved water if it is very thick. Drizzle in the olive oil and process until smooth. Transfer to a serving dish, add pepper powder, drizzle with additional olive oil, sprinkle chopped parsley and little red pepper flakes. This yields around 1.5 cups. Serve with raw vegetables, pita bread chips or tortilla chips.