Nadan Fried Rice Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 3)
1. Basmati rice – 1 cup, (Cook basmati rice adding enough salt. Set aside to cool.)
2. Coconut oil – 1 tsp + 1 tbsp
3. Eggs – 2, beaten with a pinch of salt and pepper
4. Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Cashews – 2 tbsp
5. Pearl onions – 6 – 7, thinly sliced
Curry leaves – A few
Ginger and garlic – 1 tsp each, finely chopped
Green chilly – 1, minced
6. Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder – 1/4 tsp
Coarsely ground black pepper corns – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp
7. Cabbage – 1 – 1.5 cup, chopped
Carrot – 1 medium, chopped
Green beans – 1/4 cup, cut into thin rounds
8. Vegetable / chicken stock / water – 1/4 cup (I used chicken stock)
9. Soy sauce – 1 tsp
10. Ghee – 1 tsp
11. Cilantro – 3 tbsp, chopped
Fresh cracked pepper – 1 – 2 pinches
12. Salt – To taste
1. Heat a tsp of coconut oil. Add the beaten eggs and scramble well. Transfer to a small bowl. Add a tbsp of coconut oil in the same pan (wipe the pan if you want) and splutter mustard seeds. Fry cashews for 30 seconds and add sliced pearl onion. Stir-fry until transparent. Add curry leaves, ginger, garlic and minced green chilly. Cook for a minute.
2. Add cabbage, carrot, green beans and a little salt. Stir-fry for two minutes. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder and jeera powder. Stir for a few seconds. Add 1/4 cup stock/water. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes until almost dry. Add cooked rice, soy sauce and scrambled egg. Stir-fry for 2 minutes at high heat. Add a tsp of ghee and mix well. Sprinkle cilantro and fresh ground black pepper. Yummy nadan fried rice is ready to serve. Serve hot.
Naadan version kollam 🙂
nice blog very helpful
Came out sooooper😌
God bless for all ur hard work..
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback here! 🙂 Great to know that it came out well.
Such a tasty recipe. I tweaked a bit by adding tomatoes , green chillies and curry leaves in the egg mixture. Added cabbage pieces at the very end. Also garnished with fried onions and raisins.