1. Bread (whole wheat / multi grain/ white/ sour dough etc) – 3 slices
2. Shredded cheese (mozzarella / cheddar etc) – 3/4 cup
Tomato, firm and seeded – 1/4 cup, chopped
Capsicum (green) – 1 tbsp, chopped (optional)
Green chilly (mildly spicy) – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp (Adjust according to your spice tolerance)
Crushed chilly flakes – 1/8 tsp
Dried oregano – 1 pinch
Olive oil – 3/4 tsp
Salt – A pinch
Pepper powder – A pinch
3. Butter / olive oil – As required
1. Combine all the ingredients numbered 2.
2. Spread a little butter on the bread slices. Toast the bread slices until lightly golden and crisp(no need to brown). Top it with the cheese mixture. Cook covered at low heat for 3 – 4 minutes till cheese melts. Slice diagonally and serve immediately.
OR Preheat oven at 350 F. Bake for 4 – 5 minutes until cheese melts. Serve as is or with ketchup.
Thank you! My kids loved it. Quick and easy substitute for a pizza.
You’re welcome! Great to know that the kids enjoyed it..:)